The Movement & Mindfulness Curriculum integrates stories, exercise & self-regulation to improve fitness, attention, early literacy, direction following, learning readiness, self-control, and responsible behavior. You can implement as is or integrate its variety of components and activities into your existing schedule!
Lesson Plans support all intelligences, fulfill standards, and profoundly engage children. Activities are easy to implement and build physical fitness, teach health and self-regulation skills, and empower children manage their stress, understand their emotions, make thoughtful behavior choices, and be more resilient.
Sue Guertin, K-G1 teacher & OT, MA: The teachers and I are so excited about the results we are seeing using this curriculum. Students are excited, attentive, and cooperative as well as already showing an understanding of how to apply the Adventure skills in the classroom.
1. 30 Weekly Lesson Plans include over 200 activities in the categories listed:
You receive ZIP file for the binder content with 15 Sections in PDF format!
- Stories in Motion
- Empower Me! SEL reinforcement
- Take It Outside
- Cooperative Games
- Mindfulness Activities
- Move to the Music
2. 9 Yoga/Movement Story Video Classes:
You receive 9 Mp4 files – one download for each video movement story by title!
- Body Series 3 DVDs – # 1 Magic Scooter, #2 Monkeying at the Zoo, #3 Possum’s Tail
- Mind Series 3 DVDs – #4 Lost & Found in Africa, #5 Robot Makes Friend on Moon, #6 Set Sail
- Heart Series 3 DVDs – #7 Tortoise, Hare, Dragon, #8 Coral Reef, #9 Beautiful Dream
16 Adventure Skill Flash Cards:
You receive 1 PDF file with all 16 cards. Best to print on card stock, fold, and use!
4. Adventure Skills Poster: We recommend laminating!
You receive 1 PDF file to print 18 x 24, and a signed printing permission form should your printer ask for it!
5. 3 CDs of Music for Movement:
You receive 1 Mp3 file for Feelin’ Free by Eve Kodiak.
The Learning Station requires that downloads of their CDs be purchased directly from them. The link below take you directly to their site to do so.
- Literacy in Motion CD Download must be purchased directly from The Learning Station
- Brain Boogie Boosters CD Download must be purchased directly from The Learning Station
- Feelin’ Free by Eve Kodiak – Mp3 download
- Focus and Concentration
- Strength, Flexibility and Balance
- Coordination and Confidence
- Direction Following and Early Literacy
- Self-Awareness and Self-Control
- Self-Care and Self-Regulation
- Resilience and Empathy