Help your students learn to manage their feelings, focus, and moods with specific tools that develop the ability to self-regulate.
When kids have ways to self-care and shift themselves physically, mentally and emotionally, they gain a new sense of calm and confidence.
Enjoy more harmony, learning and joy in your classroom with this lesson. Giving children this set of self-regulation skills supports academic success, social-emotional competence, and lifelong wellness.
- 16 Adventure Skills on Printable Flash Cards ($24.95 value)
- 16 Adventure Skill Coloring Pages so every child in your class can create a set of skill cards to take home
Adventure Skills Poster pdf to print 18 x 24” ($5 value)
- Use Chart designed to help you integrate the self-care & regulation activities into your daily routine at transition times.
- Feelin’ Free CD by Eve Kodiak (in mp3 format) ($12.50 value) with 15 delightful songs for creative movement & skill reinforcement
- Book suggestion for a Story in Motion activity
Purchase All About Health & Self-Regulation LP AND the Body Series (in hard copy or Mp4 download).
The Body Series includes 3 play-along yoga story video classes designed to work in your classroom.
They give your students the active play they need while cultivating learning readiness, physical fitness, and self-regulation.
Use them to improve behavior, weight, and impulse control and enhance focus, staying on task, and managing stress.
All 3 movement stories offer super-fun follow-along instructional yoga / movement integrated with simple, effective mindfulness activities that enhance self-regulation.
Kids act out the story and practice using the Adventure Skills. In the process, they build strength, expand flexibility, and develop balance.
Why is this so important? Because children who are coordinated are more ready for cognitive tasks and children who feel strong and balanced are more confident learners and successful achievers.
Story themes also explore character values: determination, appreciation, and concentration.