Are you a homeschooling parent looking for a study break or an adjunct program to address physical fitness and socio-emotional development?
Would you like a simple and fun indoor activity that gets the heart-rate up, shakes out the wiggles, and helps kids develop emotional and social intelligence? What if it also helps build literacy skills and coaches mindfulness techniques that help parents and students alike feel calm, centered and better able to access creative and complex thinking skills?
Move with Me Yoga Adventures provides all of this by combining together the magic of stories, the fun of imagination and make-believe, and the brain-building power of movement and yoga. These video classes engage the whole child in playful, joyful, experiential learning.
In just 25-30 minutes 3 days/week your child will gain:
- Improved balance, coordination and ability to handle complex movement, in particular cross-lateral movement; which, in turn, improves mental coordination and readiness for literacy and numeracy.
- Improved emotional intelligence and ability to self-regulate using kid-friendly techniques based on fun, simple breathing and movement activities.
- Improved understanding of attitudes and actions that support social-emotional development.
Each DVD covers:
- A story specific warm-up
- Introduction to Adventure Skills (self care and self-regulation skills) used in the Movement Story
- Creative Movement, Yoga, and Brain Gym® based Adventure Story
- Relaxation - Visualization that reinforces lessons from the stories
- Adventure Skills and Yoga Pose review to conclude
What do I need to get started (besides the DVDs)?
1 - Wear comfortable clothes
2 - Create an open space, with room to move easily for you and your kids
3 - Start the Scooter & Me DVD
4 - Get moving!
Yes, it's that simple!
Love the Series and Looking for More Scooter & Me™ Learning Tools?
Check these out:
- Scooter & Me Yoga Adventure Series
- Parent/Teacher Guides
- Cool Kit Adventure Cards
- Adventure Skills Poster
And Coming Soon....
Scooter & Me™ 28-week Fitness for Body, Mind, & Heart Curriculum for children, ages 3-7 years, to be used in conjunction with the 9-Story Scooter & Me™ DVD Yoga Action Adventure series.
What do Homeschooling Parents Have to Say About Scooter & Me™?
Susan Tarasova, Homeschooling Mother of Three (ages 4, 7, & 7 months)
"We love this DVD series! We've been using it throughout the year as part of our curriculum and it does not get old. There is always something new for the kids to work on and focus on. They feel very proud of themselves when they can hold a pose and use the tools that they have been given."
Lisa McMullen, Homeschooling Mother of Three (ages 7, 8, & 18)
"I like the series because it helps the kids to really get in tune with their body and to be more mindful of themselves and every aspect of how they live."
Naesha Moore, Homeschooling Mother of Two (ages 4 & 7)
"I have thoroughly enjoyed the Move with Me kids yoga program. It has helped my children learn the benefits of mind-body fitness through yoga, stress-management skills, and nutritional information. It has helped guide me as a home-school mom to incorporate these important lessons in our daily lives and to reinforce the information they get from the videos. The children are now active participants in our health and fitness endeavors as they feel much more empowered with their gained knowledge. Plus, I love that they are learning to appreciate yoga as much as I do! Thank you Liz and Wendy!!!"