Our yoga adventure classes on DVD weave together story, movement, co-creativity, listening, direction following, focus, motor skills, rhyme, music, self-care & self-regulation activities in a playful format that engages, educates and empowers the whole child.
Learn more about how our award-winning Scooter & Me™ Body, Mind & Heart series supports Whole Child learning.
Current research validates what teachers already know - the best way to learn is through experience, especially in early childhood! Our DVDs, created by expert movement educators, offer an embodied, narrative driven movement class that strengthens the body, lights up the brain, engages emotional intelligence, and nurtures creativity.
Active, play inspired learning, per the Move with Me video classes, has been shown to enhance well-being, memory, learning and behavior, in addition to fitness, focus and motor skills. Participation develops listening and early literacy skills, cultivates awareness and social-emotional skills and lays a foundation for lifelong love of exercise. Learn more about the benefits and efficacy of the whole child learning model.
Our yoga-based movement adventure classes provide:
- Fun, developmentally appropriate challenges so kids can practice important skills as they play along to the Move with Me stories over and over again. Children on the video demonstrate a wide range of abilities. You will see the same in your own classroom. It is normal that not all children will be able to do all of the movements. The fun is in learning how and mastering them over time.
- Progressive mastery - the more kids practicee, the more they develop and benefit from the experience.
- Active social-emotional learning - children practice self-care behaviors called "adventure skills" along with the story characters who use them when they need to calm and center themselves to meet a challenge, manage their feelings or overcome and obstacle.
- An effective curriculum for supporting developmental goals and standards.
Note: Children on the video demonstrate a wide range of abilities. You will see the same in your own classroom. It is normal that not all children will be able to do all of the movements. The fun is in learning how and mastering them over time.
Inexpensive & Simple to Implement in any Classroom or Gym
- Cost-effective movement enrichment - Teachers essentially enjoy the benefits of a children's yoga & movement teacher for the price of a DVD.
- Requires no additional supervision or equipment. Just a DVD player and computer /TV or white board screen.
- Download Scooter & Me Basic Curriculum Guides for Free! These provide you with basic info about the connection between movement, the brain and learning, as well as activity suggestions and detailed information with pictures of all Adventure Skills.
- Curriculum Guide for Pizza Party available for purchase.
What is the educational and developmental value of play?
Current research on movement, play and children's fitness points to a profound connection between active play and children's physical, intellectual and emotional health and brain development.
- Play is the language of children and largely nature's biological blueprint for learning
- Play generates joy which in turn fuels growth and development
- Play is multi-sensory and invites the whole child to show up - body, mind, imagination, heart
- Play inspires creative thinking
- Play pumps positive chemical messengers throughout the body that are necessary for brain growth and for building self-confidence.
- Play puts children in a present, focused, receptive, and integrated state
- Regular active play and stimulating physical education helps to balance energy and behavior naturally.