Simple breathing and specific movement activities are seamlessly integrated to teach kids how to stay present and approach life's challenges in positive, pro-active ways.
Let us help you give your children the active playtime they crave every day, even when you don't have the time, or when weather conditions don't permit being outdoors. Energize before school and unwind afterward, great for play dates, family fun time and when traveling or visiting grand-parents.
- Kids get the exercise/creative play time they need everyday
- Healthy alternative to passive TV watching
- Cost-effective movement enrichment - a specialist for the price of a DVD
- Beneficial Repetition - the more kids participate, the more they master and benefit
- Needs no supervision or equipment
- Develops self-awareness, gross motor skills, attention and self-regulation
- Nurtures kinesthetic intelligence - 80% of kids are kinesthetic learner
The Importance of Play
Current research on movement, play and children points to a profound connection between active play and childhood physical, intellectual and emotional health and brain development.
- Play is the language of children and nature's biological plan for learning
- Play generates joy which fuels the physiology of growth and development
- Play is multi-sensory and invites the whole child to show up - body, mind, imagination, heart
- Play inspires creative thinking
- Play pumps positive chemical messengers throughout the body that are necessary for brain growth and that fuel self-confidence.
- Play puts children in a present, focused, receptive, integrated state
- Regular active play and stimulating physical education enhances academic achievement, fitness and behavior
When you value play and exercise with your children, you lay a foundation for their lifetime health. Use Pizza Party as a way to spend quality time with your children and to show them that you value mind-body fitness.
We recommend using Move With Me DVD's regularly. Pick a suitable time in your daily routine. Provide a clean, safe space and pop in the DVD. You can allow children to play along by them selves; you can follow-along with them, or watch and encourage them.
In the DVDs, we are on carpet. If you have a hard floor, we suggest some kind of mat. We use sheets of colorful felt or mat squares to mark each child's place. This works well with a group as it keeps children from bumping into each other and develops their spatial awareness.
As children learn the routines, pause throughout the day for mind-body awareness and self-care breaks. Remind kids to re-connect with themselves by breathing deeply, using one of the Adventure skills from Scooter and Me or moving into their tall (yoga body) posture and moving in a slow, mindful way from Pizza Party. Re-energize your self and them by moving and stretching. When Kids get frustrated, upset or angry, invite them to support themselves with techniques learned from the DVD. Practicing yoga tools and adventure skills at transition times help children shift and regroup between activities more easily and effectively.
In our Resources section, we have included recent research articles that prove the importance of movement in development and address the value of regular exercise and specific kinds of movement enrichment for optimal growth and health. Lack of daily active play and physical exercise and education is creating many learning, behavior and health issues in children. Childhood anxiety has even been linked with the inability to balance.